Cellocator Open Protocol Standards (OPS)
Cellocator’s Open Protocol Standards (OPS) is a collection of scalable and secure data exchange options that enables you to access device data quickly and efficiently in order to meet your business needs.
OPS includes options to “pull” data via traditional REST API methods, or “push” data via modern streams, such as MQTT, HTTP, Azure IoT, AWS IoT, and Google IoT. In addition, you can subscribe to changes in values or all device data.
Using OPS, you will be provided with documentation for developers, as well as connectivity and data services including data storage and data access.
- Fast Integration – eliminate lengthy integration projects and quickly integrate into your existing cloud solution.
- Solution Focused – keep the focus on building your solution, not device parsing.
- Push Data – avoid pulling data at static intervals.
- Data Change Triggers -know exactly when information has changed.
Features & Configuration
- JSON encoded responses – accepted by almost every network technology.
- Token authentication (revokable, IP whitelist available).
- Pull with REST API.
- Stream via MQTT, HTTP, or popular cloud IoT compatible services.
- Subscribe to changes of values or all device data.
- Easy to Setup – enabling rapid delivery of your solutions.
- Scalable Endpoints – bring in as much or as little data as needed, including changes of values, without worrying about how many devices are connected on the platform.
- Security – best practice protocols, such as HTTPS with TLS, are utilized to ensure data is safe during transit. Use of API tokens ensures no sensitive data is passed back and forth, and access can be expired or revoked with ease.
- Options to pull or push data:
- Traditional REST API to “pull” data.
- Use modern streams to “push” data, such as MQTT, HTTP, Azure IoT, AWS IoT, and Google IoT.
- Access to exactly what you need:
- Get all data from the device, or only what has changed since the last report.