Driver behavior scenarios that can influence fuel consumption include:
- A long press on the brake – when the brake pedal is continuously pressed for more than 10 seconds while the vehicle is moving.
- Stopping by using the parking brake – when the vehicle is slowing and the parking brake is engaged before the vehicle comes to a complete stop.
- Starting the engine with the acceleration pedal pressed.
- Driving in an unsuitable gear can result in wearing out the transmission system and inefficient fuel consumption.
- Driving in high RPM while the engine is at a low temperature over a long period.
This information can be learned from the reports generated by the system, enabling the fleet manager to educate drivers to drive more safely and more efficiently.
As part of Cellocator’s solutions for improved driver behavior, and safer and more economized driving, we recommend connecting the real-time Driver Feedback Display (DFD) to the Cello-IQ and Cello-CANiQ. The DFD provides continuous real-time, visual and/or audible feedback to the driver via a dedicated feedback display device; this feedback helps educate the driver and improve their driving through scoring, ranking, and reports.